With Apple TV, you can enjoy all of the major streaming services in 4K with the highest quality audio available. But in order to avoid disturbing anyone at night, you’ll need AirPods in order to stream movies and TV shows over Apple TV. When your AirPods don’t connect to the Apple TV and you can’t use Siri for wireless playback control, that strategy is thrown out the window. We have put up a list of solutions for when AirPods won’t connect to Apple TV so you can continue enjoying your streaming pleasure. Now let’s get going.
#1. Restart Apple TV
Nearly all devices may be restarted, just like computers, to fix connectivity or other problems. Similar to this, you can restart your Apple TV to resolve any short-term problems, such as software installation or a blocked synchronization issue. Regretfully, there is no easy way to restart the Apple TV with either the Siri Remote or the Control Center on tvOS. Here’s how to carry it out.
Open the Settings app, then scroll down to choose System to restart the Apple TV.
To force your Apple TV to restart, scroll down to Restart.
#2. Turn on Your AirPods
The sensors in AirPods can detect whether they are inside or outside of an ear. Therefore, the AirPods won’t show up on Apple TV’s list of nearby devices if the sensors are unable to determine that they are not in your ears. Keep the AirPods in your ears and make sure they’re clean enough for the sensor to pick them up, and you should experience a flawless connection.
#3. Disconnect Remote App
Do you use your Apple TV with a remote app on your iPhone? When using the iPhone remote app, some Apple TV customers report experiencing problems connecting their AirPods. To utilize the Siri Remote with the Apple TV, you must first detach the remote app. You can then try to pair your AirPods with the Apple TV once more.
There are many third-party Apple TV remote apps available for iPhone, despite the lack of an official one. You must enable the ability to use your iPhone or iPad as a Siri Remote in the Control Center of those devices. Thus, taking out the
- Launch the iPhone Settings app, then choose Control Center.
- To disconnect it, tap the remove icon before the Apple TV Remote and then select Remove.
#4. Establish a 5 GHz Wi-Fi band
The Apple TV features a Bluetooth and Wi-Fi controller in one unit. Using an Apple TV over a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network can occasionally cause it to malfunction. It is therefore advised that you connect your Apple TV to the 5 GHz frequency band if your network is dual-band. Even while that band will speed up your downloads, you still need to make sure your Apple TV is close to the router.
- To change your Wi-Fi network, just launch the Settings app on your Apple TV, then choose Network with the remote.
- Select WiFi under the Network section.
- A list of Wi-Fi connections that are available will show up. For optimal performance, choose an access point that operates at a 5 GHz frequency.
#5. Examine your iCloud account
AirPods are not directly integrated into Apple TV account profiles; instead, they are largely connected to the iCloud account. After confirming their iCloud account details, a number of Apple TV users have successfully connected their AirPods to the device.
Select the relevant iCloud account, press and hold the TV/Control Center button on the remote, and pair the AirPods. If you’ve paired the AirPods with an iPad or iPhone that is connected to the same iCloud account, this will be useful.
#6. Update Apple TV and Airpods
On the Apple TV, older software may cause issues. You may upgrade the firmware on your AirPods and tvOS on your Apple TV to fix any connection problems. Here’s how to go about doing it.
- As previously said, go to Settings > System and choose Software Updates to upgrade the software on your Apple TV.
- Next, select “Update Software.”
- To update your Apple TV with the newest software, simply click on Download and Install if there is an update available. Hopefully, this will resolve any bugs or problems. You can attempt to pair your AirPods with the Apple TV once more after the update is finished.
Updating your AirPods doesn’t require any effort on your part. Firmware upgrades will be sent to your AirPods automatically as long as they are charging and within Bluetooth range of an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that is linked to the internet. Using your Mac, iPad, or iPhone, you may verify the most recent firmware version.
#7. Let AirPods Connect Automatically
Even with the most recent software update, are your Apple TV and AirPods still not connecting? Next, attempt to pair your AirPods with your Apple TV automatically. This method has been successful for multiple users; here’s how it works.
- Go to your Apple TV’s Settings and choose Video and Audio with the Remote.
- Choose Audio Output from the AUDIO section now.
- Under TEMPORARY AUDIO OUTPUT, click Select. Tap the other audio output if you have one connected. Here, the TV is linked to a Mac.
- Then, choose the AirPods from the audio device list.
- As an alternative, you can launch the Control Center by pressing and holding the TV/Control Center button on your remote, and then choose Audio from there.
- Among the available audio devices listed below, you have the option to select the AirPods.
#8. Pair AirPods Manually
AirPods and Apple TV automatic pairing may occasionally not function properly. As suggested by Reddit users, you can try manually connecting your AirPods with the Apple TV in an attempt to resolve this issue.
- To manually pair your AirPods with your Apple TV, navigate to Settings and choose Devices and Remotes.
- This is where the Bluetooth option is located.
- Next, open the case while keeping your AirPods inside. To enable Bluetooth discovery for the case, press and hold the button located on its rear. After that, your AirPods ought to show up on the TV for pairing.
- Then, please select the name of your AirPods to connect them to your Apple TV.
#9. Turn Off AirPods by Hand From Previously Connected Devices
Have you checked to see if your iPhone or any other device you use with AirPods is connected to your AirPods? Although AirPods are compatible with numerous devices, they can only stream music from a single device at once. Consequently, kindly make sure that the AirPods are not linked to any other gadget. If they are, unplug them before attaching them to your Apple TV. They should be able to connect to the TV as a result.
#10. Check for Any Nearby Obstructions
Is your Apple TV placed next to a game console or your router? Perhaps it’s close to a TV with Bluetooth? It’s important to take into account the possibility that interference is preventing your AirPods from pairing Bluetooth with the Apple TV. Some Reddit users claim that interference from adjacent wireless devices stopped the AirPods from connecting to the Apple TV. Examine the vicinity of your Apple TV for a moment and take away any adjacent electronics. After that, try again pairing your AirPods with the Apple TV.